Monday, December 27, 2010

Puppies... AGAIN

First of all, sorry for all the posting, but I am on leave okay...  I mean what other time do you get to spend the WHOLE day having fun with your dogs... 

In my defense, I did actually 'get a life' for a few hours today, taking a hike in the Botanical Gardens (which is about 200m as the crow flies from our house) with hubby and unfortunately no dogs...




Even though it is a very commercial and well laid out trail, let me tell you...  it is some good exercise...  the second photo was not even taken from the very top.  Some useless information...  There is a breeding program for Black Eagles being run in these botanical gardens and on a good day, you can sit on our veranda and watch these guys fly and soar.  Corny but pretty cool.  Soz for the bad quality pics, but they were taken on my phone.

Anyhow back to dogs...  I wish I was this creative when I had my previous puppies (not that I am even remotely as puppy nerdy as most people out there)...  I am having so much fun with Volt that I am starting to wonder whether I am taking drugs, lol.  I know I post WAY too many videos of my dogs, but if you don't like it... well don't read this blog and don't go onto my youtube channel.



It is funny how big Volt looks on camera, when in fact he has grown a mere 0.3 cm in the last week... he is now 28.5 cm...

So let's just clarify, Echo is my old man, he is the boy that taught me all (haha, well the most anyway).  He is the dog that is never allowed to leave this world...  Delta is my clown and amusement, the dog that I laugh at even when he is irritating the crap out of me.  Quake is my odd boy, you know, that uncle that no-one wants to talk about but everyone enjoys his company, no Xmas party is the same without him.  Chaos...  well Chaos is and will always be my heart and soul, man I love that dog, issues and all...  You want to know what Volt's role is becoming?  That 'golden kid' in the family that everyone hates just because he is so awesome.  He is adorable, keen, clever, funny, nerdy, wild... the all in one package.  Haha, I am sure my other dogs (especially Chaos) are secretly thinking 'can that little bastard just bugger off, we are waaaay too jealous to love him this much'.



I am so lucky to have a hubby that pretends to be fine with the 'puppy disaster zone' that is our house at the moment... there are dog toys, boxes, old t-shirts, toilet rolls strewn across the house...  all shoes, socks, underwear, electrical cables, cell phones, tv remotes, carpets etc, have to be permanently watched and kept out of puppy mouths as far as possible...  But Ants doesn't moan...  He gives me 'the eye' (the one that says 'Woman, I am going to have you institutionalised TODAY) every now and again, but he grins and bares it...



I have gotten so much sh!t in the past...  But you know what, all the things my pups do, they choose to do.  Haha, Voltage decided being on top of that box was the most awesome thing before we could even open it to take our new Xmas present out.  I don't ask anything of him, he offers it to me.  I play rough with my dogs (and my cats and my husband (haha, I hope he doesn't actually read my blog)), have you ever watched dogs play with each other???  As long as my dogs are having fun and I am having fun...



Since this is MY blog I am allowed to sound super-retarded, off-the-wall corny, out-of-control nerdy, gives-you-the-heebie-jeebies emotional, sociopathic insane... I LOVE my dogs, they get me through each day...  they make me laugh, they make me cry, they keep me from losing my mind, they make my heart beat, they cheer me up, they support me, they are always there, but they know when to just let me be, their lives are devoted to me, regardless of my issues and fears.  They are my boys....

No comments:

Post a Comment