Friday, November 5, 2010

Training and Space

Arg, I need to find grounds to put my agility equipment...  I mean there is enough space in my garden, but the severe slope and the 12 proteas makes training quite a challenge.  What makes it really frustrating is that there is only one spot where the dogwalk is stable and it is virtually impossible to include it in a sequence or course.  Nevertheless, here is the setup I had in the garden this week, with some of the sequences I ran.

 

I have done a lot of jump training the last few months, so I was testing to see how far I could push Chaos.  With most of the go-rounds I remained on the landing side to push him to the next obstacle.  To be honest about 30% of the bars dropped the first couple of days, so I had to remain calm and work through it.  By yesterday only about 15% of the bars dropped, with me doing very funny things, like waving my arms and purposefully being in his way.  I really do want him to leave AT LEAST 90% of the bars up, regardless of my position etc.  So there is still some work to do.  Next week I want to work on pre-curving and single obstacle drive again, but I think I will set similar challenges for him the next week.

With Quake I continued working on curving lines and his poles.  He took a slight dip in his poles work, which was to be expected, that is the normal cycle.  But he is trying his little heart out, so it is easy to perservere.

No comments:

Post a Comment