Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just some Fun... and what is in a name...

This afternoon, I saw the two of the kittens, in what would have been a lovely pose and called Anthony to take a picture, but of course they decided to move before we could capture the moment... that's cats for you... Anyhow, we ended up taking some picures with the boys.

 Delta was NOT impressed by the photo session... but that may be because he heard a motorcycle go past and probably wanted to go and chase it...
 Quake loves to pose.
 My old man... the dog that taught me everything.  Doing so well for a 13 year old boy, love him to bits.
My heart and soul, Chaos.  What a nice photo, thanks babe!

Of course  Loki (the kitten) did allow us to take one very amusing picture...


With the day of Jonas's arrival drawing very close (61 hours and 48 minutes until his plane is scheduled to arrive at O. R. Thambo), our lives have been very, very busy.

We have gone puppy shopping, buying food, beds, pillows, collars, leads, chews, toys and training accessories.  We have prepared the house, removing all hazardous and valuable objects.  Spoken to our vets and other sources.  All the paperwork has been done.  We have had endless conversations about Jonas's upbringing.  Just to explain that comment...  This will be Anthony's first experience of 'raising an agility puppy'.  When I moved in with him, Monster (Quake) and Spaz (Chaos) were a year old, past puppy-hood and into their teens.  Ant's is not an agility person, he absolutely adores the dogs and spoils them rotten, but he is not particularly fussed about the 'rights and wrongs' of raising an agility dog.  In the end, he asked me to create a document about the do's and don'ts of raising this pup, because he is terrified of doing something wrong...  I wrote this document (which by the way is turning into a whole book of information), which actually helped me.  I was forced to recall basic information that was long forgotten about puppies.  What an amazing husband I have, being so supportive that he is willing to adjust his whole life to accomodate me and my dogs. 

Anyhow, to get back to the subject, the thing that has been discussed the most, is Jonas's new name (his call name).  We started off with a list of  27 names, 99% my suggestions/contributions.  Although this will be my little boy, I feel that Anthony also has to approve of the call name.  So between the two of us, we have narrowed it down to seven possibilities.  The comic thing however, is our motivations behind the name.  We both want a strong name, depicting power, speed and grace.  Spent hours on google translate, wikipedia and loads of other websites to get ideas... But both of us have such different ideas.  Anthony feels for example, that if the name is going to be ambigious, ALL the meanings should fullfil those qualities, Static was on the list, but since static could also mean stationary, he was against it, where it did not bother me.  I am quite addamant on having a V in the name (no I don't know why either, its just a 'thing'), which he does not understand.  He does not like 'funny' spelling of names, while I don't care.  I want a one syllable name, while Ant's just wants a suitable name...  Believe it or not, but all these silly things have been discussed.  At the end of the day, a name means a lot, maybe not to our dogs, but to us as humans...  On one thing we both agree, we do have to meet our little boy before we decide, he also has a 'say'...  The short list is:

Volt; Vycan; Vykhor; Mrrik; Psych; Torden; Cato...

Please give me your comments!  So interested to know...

Anyhow here is the last picture I received from the breeder before his arrival in South Africa (thank you so much Jenny):

Our little boy starts his journey today...  A very good friend (Thank you Silke), has picked up my boy in Belgium and will be returning to Germany tomorrow and dropping Jonas off in Frankfurt on Monday for his flight...

CANNOT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment